Thought can am was reliable - Can-Am Maverick Forum : 2013+ Can-Am Maverick Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Angry Thought can am was reliable

Have a maverick and have 25 miles on it and now sits in my lawn because I have no time to take it back something broke have no drive line I'm pissed 18,500 dollars can't even ride it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 AM

U just got a bad one of the bunch. Cause mine works
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 11:29 AM

Maybe something in the clutch broke

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branden York View Post
Have a maverick and have 25 miles on it and now sits in my lawn because I have no time to take it back something broke have no drive line I'm pissed 18,500 dollars can't even ride it
Suck it up buttercup. Take it in get it fixed and quit your wining!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 01:43 PM

Exclamation CVT Belt

Just a note on what is not working.........

I have 3 rides at the dunes and around 10 hours and had a belt brake.

The belt seems to be the weak point with all the power the Maverick is putting out. The belt is difficult to access, but easy to change. I did make some mods to help with the storage bin removal for access to the CVT cover.

I now carry an extra belt, small 1/4 rachet and a special tool for plastic rivet removal. I expect the next belt change to be possible in the field instead of my shop and should take less than an hour.

Everyone should do a dry run on CVT belt access if you want an option to repair in the field.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbing View Post
Just a note on what is not working.........

I have 3 rides at the dunes and around 10 hours and had a belt brake.

The belt seems to be the weak point with all the power the Maverick is putting out. The belt is difficult to access, but easy to change. I did make some mods to help with the storage bin removal for access to the CVT cover.

I now carry an extra belt, small 1/4 rachet and a special tool for plastic rivet removal. I expect the next belt change to be possible in the field instead of my shop and should take less than an hour.

Everyone should do a dry run on CVT belt access if you want an option to repair in the field.
A spare belt was the 1st purchase I made for my Mav, befor it even left the garage for the 1st time. The belt is not the weak link. Infact the stock belt is about as good of a belt as you can get. It's the primary clutch that sux. The design is for the inner and outer sheaves to slip in the event of a spike load. Problem being they also slip under heavy exceleration, as well as under heavy load. This generates excessive heat in the belt and causes it to fail, as ANY belt would. Commander guys have been dealing with the same crappy primary design for a few years now. I think you are right though, the added power of the Mav has highlighted this deficiency in the clutch.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 07:49 PM

I got 279 miles on my maverick and haven't had a single issue with a belt.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 09:16 PM

Mines got 1215 miles on it no problems yet still the original belt. QSC primary STM secondary will be here on Monday. My friend already has it on his head over heals better!!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 12:33 AM

30 hour on mine fuel pump went out.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 07:21 AM

2 Belt failures same mileage points...its a problem

I had my first belt shred at 666 miles. Had it replaced at the shop non warranty and unit was only 2 months old. 2nd failure at 1221 miles, It is an issue and it seems Can Am knows but won't admit to it for obvious reasons! Have owned numerous other units and never had this type of premature failure. Time to learn the repair for field use for both times I have been stranded about 10 miles from the pick up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Maverick Forum : 2013+ Can-Am Maverick Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page