Squeak, Squeak, Squeak……. - Can-Am Maverick Forum : 2013+ Can-Am Maverick Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Squeak, Squeak, Squeak…….

Squeak, Squeak, Squeak…….
Love the Maverick; had a Commander X and this is just a solid upgrade to that. Only issue I have is a annoying squeak. It sounds like it is coming form that back. Thought suspension at first, but it sounds more rotational. Anyone have the same issue? Anyone have a repair solution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 11:22 AM

Yep brake rotor squeaking against the pads. Mine does that too.

Solution? Go faster? Turn up the tunes?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 08:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff woods
Check the inside of your wheels to I got my Friday . I heard a noise coming from the rear . Check it today and it looks like my calipers have chewed up my new wheels on my new maverick now that sucks

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 12:21 PM

Got mine two weeks ago and mine does too. Can you adjust the brake calipers to not rub? I took off my wheels and could hardly turn the rotors. As for the chewing up on the inside wheels, mine did that to. I think rocks are getting hung up on that guard that is almost touching the rim.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 07:26 PM

I looked forever i finally found my sqeeking noise and it was in the seat wd fixed it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conn82 View Post
Got mine two weeks ago and mine does too. Can you adjust the brake calipers to not rub? I took off my wheels and could hardly turn the rotors. As for the chewing up on the inside wheels, mine did that to. I think rocks are getting hung up on that guard that is almost touching the rim.
Was it the caliper doing it or the Mud Scraper they have built into it? Only way I can see the caliper causing this is if it had a bolt come loose or mud packed in so bad rocks got stuck.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 01:45 AM

Another thing is the shock bolt and bushings will squeak and drive u nits. Take the bolt out and grease them, they dry out real fast.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholber1 View Post
Another thing is the shock bolt and bushings will squeak and drive u nits. Take the bolt out and grease them, they dry out real fast.
AGREED…everyone should check their shock bushings as they come dry from the factory and if let unattended will destroy the bushings and make them very difficult to get out.

Another reason is because the stock O-rings are made of cheap Nitrile rubber. Many of us are also seeing issues with the O-rings on the rear shocks popping out past the bushings or just getting extremely dirty way to often ….why do we mainly see this on the rears? Because the radiant heat from the exhaust dry them out quickly and they are more prone to dirt and water intrusion because of the location….I personally have had 6 of my rear O-Rings fail. Meaning, they have degraded and allowed dirt and water into the spherical bearing area or have actually popped out past the bushing and in several cases, gotten pinched/cut. I deal a lot with different rubber compounds in my line of work so I know the differences between the different types of rubber materials and there characteristics.

Here is a nice writeup I did on these over on MaverickForums.net

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/...g-o-rings.html

2013 Maverick XRS - TurnKey harness bar - Pro Armor 3" 5-point harnesses - Switchless sport low mod - Pro Armor soft top - QSC primary/ STM Gen II secondary - SunPro gauges: oil pressure/water temp/voltage - Alba Racing CVT temp gauge - Thermal barrier to center concole and interior panels - DEI exhaust wrap - CT Racing front end gussets and tie rods
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 12:12 AM

I have had my maverick for about a month and the more i have to clean it up the more it squeaks.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 10:07 AM

thats because you are washing away the lubricants on all of your pivot points. You need to grease your zeros frequently and you need to check your shocks to see if the bushing are dried out as they will squeak like crazy if they are dried out....which they come that way from the factory.

2013 Maverick XRS - TurnKey harness bar - Pro Armor 3" 5-point harnesses - Switchless sport low mod - Pro Armor soft top - QSC primary/ STM Gen II secondary - SunPro gauges: oil pressure/water temp/voltage - Alba Racing CVT temp gauge - Thermal barrier to center concole and interior panels - DEI exhaust wrap - CT Racing front end gussets and tie rods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Maverick Forum : 2013+ Can-Am Maverick Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page