Dont Buy A Can Am Maverick - Can-Am Maverick Forum : 2013+ Can-Am Maverick Forums
» Forum Search

Old 02-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
Raptor1644

Default Dont Buy A Can Am Maverick

Be wise before you buyI I shelled out over $20,000 cash for this unit a 2013 Can Am Maverick took it out for two rides and Bam!! 30min into the second ride the clutch explodes, leaving me stranded thanks Can Am. Coming from a Honda Yamaha man, this was the first Canadian / American unit I ever bought as in first Can Am ever. I can say without hesitation I will never buy a Can Am again. Apparently there clutch bolts are flying off and you donít know when they will or if they will, makes me feel confident NOT, So good luck all of you if I could I would take mine back and return it in a New York minute
Raptor1644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
mav#1

what do you mean clutch bolts center bolt or outer
mav#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
sdshawn

Did you hear any noises before it blew, we just put on our first 200 mile last weekend at Ocotillo 6 hrs of break in then switch the key for all she had. It's my buddied first SxS I do all the work and research for him so I joined this forum for the info. I ve had a couple of SxS and now a redline revolt .
I can say I really love the Maverick I could not find anything I did not like about it. I am starting to hear a noise maybe from the clutch area at very low speed or in nutural just barely I can start to hear something other then the brake sqeek .

We have around 11 hrs on it now so we will be taken it in for the first service and I plan to tell them about the noise maybe it was going to be a bigger problem I hope we will avert.
sdshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 AM   #4
donnab39

Default Recall

There is a recall on the clutch bolts. Just take it to a local dealer, and they will torque the bolts as to BRP specs. It only took them about 2 hours for the repair. Love my Maverick XRS!!
donnab39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
mav#1

i pic mine up monday should i have them look at the clutch befor i pic it up
Old 02-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
Raptor1644

I dont know if it is the inner or outer.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
Raptor1644

No sound at all I had only 30min on my unit and on flat ground going around 25mph. Sounded like a gun shot and smoke came form under the motor cover. I wanted to pull it apart however because its still under warranty I did not touch it. So far yes the dealer is going to cover it, so if you buy one make sure the dealer knows about the recall and you get yours fixed. The deal is so far its the dealers that are sending out the recall not Can Am.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #8
donnab39

Default Recall

I would Definitely make sure that it doesn't have a recall before you pick it up. If it does they probably won't let you leave with it if it does have a recall. BRP could pull their dealership license if they do.
donnab39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
mav#1

if dealer is covering it with no hastile that great
Old 02-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
mav#1

first year car so expect some problems. hopefully not many ill have mine tuesday. ill put it through its paces se what breakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement