not impressed - Can-Am Maverick Forum : 2013+ Can-Am Maverick Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

not impressed

My name is Stan and I have always supported Can-am products. I purchased a Can-am Maverick 1000X 3 months ago and with all the extra's it cost me $26,000.
I was trying to see why it was leaking water into the CVT system. In doing so I removed as instructed in the maintenance manual I received with my Maverick the CTV cover. When I went into the dealership and asked why it might be leaking the mechanic he suggested to take off the CTV cover and look at the gasket. I did this and the gasket was good then when I went to put the CVT cover back on I found bolt number 12 on the tightening sequences was stripped from factory. I now believe that it leaked because the brass insert was stripped from factory. Only reason since no one had remove the cover before.

I took my machine to the dealership and they told me that it was not covered under warranty because I had removed the cover. I am a certified mechanic. I was told since a
BRP mechanic did not remove the cover I am not covered by warranty. My question is why is there a manual telling me how to do this....just to remove a cover non mechanical. I took the screw out and it was stripped from factory. It said to use a torque of 62 inch pound and I own that tool. So there was no misuse of tools it wouldn't torque because it was stripped from factory.

I would very much like to see BRP cover this item. I have spent a lot of money on quads over the years in particular Can-am's. I could not believe that this was not going to be covered. I would like to see BRP resolve this with some good faith toward a steady client. I have supported you over the years now how about you support me. Thank you so much and I will wait for your reply. Stan Clarke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am Maverick Forum : 2013+ Can-Am Maverick Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page